Green Mountain Care Board Rules
The Green Mountain Care Board has the authority to adopt rules in order to carry out the provisions in Act 48. The Board will promulgate the rules in accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act (APA).
As the process begins for each rule, we will provide information regarding drafts of the rule, scheduled meetings, and the status of the rule when it enters the APA process.
- Health Insurance Rate Review Rule effective January 1, 2014. Rule 2.000
- Process history for the Health Insurance Rate Review Rule
- Hospital Budget Rule effective January 1, 2013. Rule 3.000
- Process history for the Hospital Budget Rule
Certificate of Need
- Department of Financial Regulation's CON rule, which applies to all CON matters for which an application was filed before January 1, 2013: DFR Rule-H-2010-01
- GMCB's CON Rule, which applies to all CON matters for which an application was filed on or after January 1, 2013: Rule 4.000
- Process history for the Certificate of Need Rule
On September 25, 2013, Green Mountain Care Board hosted a meeting to discuss potential changes to VHCURES claims data program. The team presented a list of potential changes, with the goal of getting feedback from stakeholders. This input will inform next steps, which will include changes to the VHCURES rule, as well as policy-level changes in how the program is administered. Please direct all correspondence regarding this matter and any request for a copy of the audio from the September 25 meeting to Susan Barrett at email@example.com.
Revised Rate Review Rule
- Draft of proposed Revised Rate Review rule submitted to ICAR
- Draft of proposed Revised Rate Review rule filed with Secretary of State
Public Hearing: The Green Mountain Care Board is holding a public hearing to receive public comments on its Proposed Revised Rule 2.000: Health Insurance Rate Review on Monday, September 30, 2013, at 10:00 am, in the Department of Financial Regulation’s 3d Floor Conference Room, 89 Main Street, 3d Floor, Montpelier, Vermont. You can review the latest version of the Proposed Rule by clicking the link above. Please provide written comments to the Board’s general counsel, Michael Donofrio, at michael.donofrio@Vermont.gov on or before October 7, 2013.
The Green Mountain Care Board has the authority to establish policies in order to carry out the provisions in Act 48. The Board has established a payment reform policy in conjunction with its payment reform pilot development. Please see the policy here.